No matter where you are on your spiritual journey, know that God is with you every step of the way. During this time of uncertainty and social distancing, we invite you to begin your days with these suggestions from former Central States Synod Bishop Roger Gustafson:
Take a few minutes first thing in the morning and:
- Ask God for light, that you might see your day with God’s eyes, not just your own.
- Preview the day with gratitude, giving thanks for the unique gift to come. (There hasn’t been a day just like it, nor will there be, ever.)
- Anticipate where in the day that’s dawning you might look for God’s blessing.
- Choose one feature of the day and pray about it.
- Ask for wisdom to be alert to where God might be calling you to a new direction.
A Daily Spiritual Seed. Register on this link to receive a daily (M-F) message with a Gospel meditation and additional spiritual growth resources. Some of the authors quoted in “A Daily Spiritual Seed” are Thomas, Merton, St Theresa of Avila, Evelyn Underhill, Martin Luther, and many others. There is no subscription fee, but voluntary donations to help fund this ministry are appreciated.
Below are a variety of inspirational links to guide you on your journey.
The Central States Synod also provides a variety of resources; check out their webpage here.
Wondrous Love: Devotions for Lent 2020, from Augsburg Fortress Publishers. https://www.augsburgfortress.org/store/category/286066/Daily-and-seasonal-devotionals
Lenten Devotions from Lutheran Hour Ministries. https://www.lhm.org/lent/