Atonement Lutheran Church’s Safe Church Policy and Procedures
Approved by Council August 23, 2018
Remember that most of It is possible to learn about the notions of mutualism and its influence on our college paper writers economy and society.these sites have a free trial or subscription, and also you ought to find a way to discover them without signing up ahead of time.
As a community of faith committed to following Jesus Christ, we strive to extend a generous welcome to all who enter our doors and to treat them with the love and dignity that God bestows upon each and every one of us. We desire to have a church that is a place that is a safe as possible for everyone.
Unfortunately, we cannot simply assume that our church is a safe place. We know that we cannot eliminate all risks, but we can strive to reach that goal by taking intentional and direct actions. Atonement wants people of all ages to be able to deepen their relationship with God and each other in an environment that is safe and secure. It is in this spirit that this policy and procedures have been created. We consider this to be a living document which will be amended over time as new issues arise. We hope that although there are sure to be omissions, this document will provide guidelines to create a safer environment for our staff, members and guests.
Our policy and procedures are based on three elements. They include, but are not limited to the following:
- Safety – Defined as the prevention of accidents or undesirable effects:
- Items from the security plan spreadsheet – both the interior and exterior
- Plans for a range of emergency situations such as fire, tornado, gas leak, health emergencies and the placement of first aid kits
- Reference to the plan for the protection of children and youth
- Security – Defined as our protection or defense against potential threats:
- Protocol for managing disruptive, inappropriate behavior and/or threats including an active shooter
- Protocol for handling bomb threats
- Predetermined safe rooms
- A plan to minimize theft and vandalism
- A means of backing-up Church records and data
- Safety and security education and increased awareness:
- Training for staff, church leaders, ushers and greeters
- Ongoing education and updates for members and guests who use our facility
- Information on our Website regarding our policy and procedures
- Emergency manuals with diagrams and instructions placed throughout the campus for quick reference
- Periodic drills as needed